Tuesday, July 3, 2012

More Styling

I’ve slowly been decorating more little areas throughout the house.  There’s some cute shelving above the toilet in the half bath downstairs that I decked out with little souvenirs from Europe and other items that remind me of Paris.  On the top shelf I have a pretty box from Laduree, a little silver elephant I bought in Paris, and an eiffel tower. On the middle shelf I have a glass gondola in a bottle from Venice, an Alicia Bock calendar page that I framed, and a pretty bar of soap I bought from a market in Paris.  The soap is still in the packaging but it makes the whole room smell amazing!  The bottom shelf holds three little antiques from my mom including a souvenir of the Sacre Couer Basilica in Paris.  Thanks Mom!

IMG_1280
IMG_1278
I moved the Pier One table I had been using as a TV stand to the wall in front of the living room windows.  I accessorized it with a pair of vintage foo dogs, my lovely design books (including this one I got for free!), a cute potted succulents arrangement, my Jonathan Adler knock-off frame from Target, and a pretty blue candle.

IMG_1282
Leo wanted in on the photo shootSmile
IMG_1285

IMG_1286
IMG_1287
I’ve also been reluctant to start hanging pictures because I want to get it right the first time.  I knew I wanted my three Alicia Bock prints in the living room so Ben hung them on the wall behind the sofa.  They look awesome against the blue wall! We followed these instructions from Apartment Therapy to make sure they were hung at the perfect height.

IMG_1291
Tomorrow we’re heading to Topeka to spend the holiday with Ben’s family.  I hope everyone has a fabulous Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment