Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Fest Dinner Party

Saturday we had a couple friends over for dinner and to show off our new house.  I have to say, I am enjoying cooking much more in my nice kitchen than I did in the teeny tiny apartment kitchen.  Since it was a scorching 106 degrees Saturday I wanted to make something that did not require the oven at all.  I also wanted to use a lot of the great summer produce that’s available now, so Saturday morning Ben and I headed to the farmers market.  Here’s what we made:
  • Strawberry and Peach Sangria, recipe via Pink Parsley
  • Tomato and Basil Bruschetta (sorry no picture), recipe via Food Network
  • Watermelon and Feta Salad, recipe via Food Network
  • Fresh Fettuccine with Corn and Tomatoes, recipe via Food Network 
sangria

IMG_1313

IMG_1315

The whole dinner turned out super delicious!  Yesterday we slept in and then went out for breakfast before running a few errands, including trips to Michaels and Lowe’s.  I have a couple projects I’m working on for the Pinterest Challenge that I’m very excited to share with you tomorrow!  Here are a couple of my Pinterest inspiration photos. 
chevron-table-1-440x586
Chevron Table via House to your Home
frame
Embellished Frames via A Thoughtful Place

nailhead table
Nailhead Side Table via Clementine + Olive


No comments:

Post a Comment