Friday, July 13, 2012

Trending: Ikat

Like chevron, ikat is a trend I’ve noticed showing up everywhere.  Ikat (which I’ve heard pronounced as ee-cot by Genevieve Gorder and as the more intuitive i-cat by Nate Berkus), refers to the dyeing technique used to create pattern and is a centuries old practice used all over the world.  It’s super popular right now in fashion and home design.  It works really well with any style because it’s trendy and worldly, but at the same time it can be very sophisticated and classic.  If I hadn’t already bought my beloved colorful pillows from Joss and Main I would totally be buying some ikat pillows for my couch.  Here are some of my favorite items from across the web.
ballard rug
Rug by Ballard Designs
essex ottoman
Essex ottoman from West Elm
etsy pillow
Indigo pillows by PatsTable on Etsy (only $32 for 2 covers!)
gold kirklands bench
Gold storage ottoman from Kirkland's
ikat chair
Slipper Chair from Urban Outfitters

pier1 bowls
Measuring cups from Pier 1
target futon cover
Futon cover from Target
target headboard
Upholstered headboard from Target
target pillow
Pink and yellow pillow from Target
UO duvet cover
Duvet cover from Urban Outfitters
wm shower curtain
Shower curtain from World Market
wm tray
Glass tray from World Market

No comments:

Post a Comment