Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Etsy Explorer: Alicia Bock

Today I'm featuring my all-time favorite Etsy artist, Alicia Bock.  I first came across her shop about four years ago and I made my first purchases in early 2010.  I started with three prints that I framed in some old gold frames that used to belong to my grandparents.  
Springtime in Paris, Eiffel Tower, Bow
I also bought her Paris calendar for my desk at work.  After I had used the calendar I repurposed one of the pages by just cutting off the calendar part and popping it into a $5 frame from Hobby Lobby. It's the carousel picture on the far right side of the shelf above my bed.


I had told my friends Kate and Rachelle about how much I love my Alicia Bock prints, so for my birthday two years ago they bought me a sweet butterfly print (I think it's been discontinued).  It's proudly displayed on my living room gallery wall (it's on the top row, second from the left).  


She's not exactly an undiscovered artist; her work has been used on the sets of the 2nd Sex and the City movie, Grey's Anatomy, and How I Met Your Mother.  She's also been featured in Better Homes and Gardens and People Magazine.  She has so many amazing pieces that it's hard to choose favorites, but here are some more prints that I love.  

Evoke
The Blue Hour
Beach Photograph
Solstice
Ferris Wheel
These all have such a dreamy quality that I absolutely love.  I have two more calendars from her that I bought on sale this spring for $5 each.  I'm planning to frame a bunch of them and hang them in a gallery wall somewhere in the new house.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I also love Alicia's photography! Beautiful displays. I especially love the one above the bed! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete