In exactly four weeks we leave for our Eurotrip to Paris and Rome! I am beyond excited to be back in Europe for a couple weeks. It's been pretty busy and stressful at our casa the last few days, so to de-stress we've been talking about what we are looking forward to doing most once we get there. Here are the top 10 things we want to do and see in both cities (these are subject to change of course :)
1. Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I've been to Paris twice but I've never done this; I guess I was saving the experience so I could share it with someone special :)
2. Take a river cruise along the Seine at sunset.
3. Check out the artwork at the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay
4. Eat macarons at Laduree
5. Drink kir at Les Deux Magots, the former hangout of Ernest Hemingway, Pablo Picasso, Simone de Beauvoir, and many others.
6. Explore Versailles
7. Pick up a freshly baked baguette and some chevre for a picnic in the park
8. Shop at outdoor markets.
9. Take the TGV (train de grand vitesse, or very fast train) to Aix-en-Provence. I studied abroad there and it will be great to show Ben around.
10. Hang out on the steps of Sacre Coeur and take in the views of the city.
1. Tour St. Peter's Basilica
2. Visit the Colosseum
3. Eat lots and lots of pasta
4. Try as many flavors of gelato as I possibly can
5. Browse the open air marketplace at Campo de' Fiori
6. Take a day trip to Capri and go on a boat tour of the Blue Grotto
7. Have dinner at the mozzarella bar near our apartment
8. Take in the views from the top of Castel Sant'Angelo
9. Have a picnic at the Roman Forum
10. Check out the Pantheon