Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New (Old) Dresser

One of the downsides to buying a new house that's much bigger than your current living space is that you'll most likely need to acquire a lot of furniture to help fill it.  We're in that predicament right now, and while I love browsing online for new furniture, I don't have the money to buy any of it.  So I've been browsing Craigslist a little lot lately.  We already picked up a new dining table with four chairs off Craigslist for $80.  The table is in great shape but I think we're going to stain it.  The chairs and cushions are really well made too but they need to be repainted and the cushions desperately need to be recovered.  I'll tackle those projects once we've moved in.

I've also been looking for a new dresser for a long, long time.  I've had mine forever and it's not in the best shape.  Plus one of the walls in the new master bedroom is perfect for a nice, long dresser.  Mine is short but not so long.  So finally, after months of checking CL, I found the perfect piece.


My not so clear phone pics may make it hard to see, but this dresser is beautiful!  It's solid wood with cedar lined drawers.  It has just the right amount of detailing so that it is pretty and interesting, but not so much that it's too ornate or old lady-ish.  It's in great condition and it has all of the original handles and pulls (the bottom two handles fell off while we were moving it but we still have them).

While I am ecstatic to move into the new house (closing is in 1 week!), I will miss this view from my apartment complex.  I snapped took this picture from the top of a hill one morning while I was walking Finnley.


Isn't KC's skyline so pretty?!  We'll be moving further out into the suburbs so we won't be able to see downtown from our neck of the woods.  It's a very small sacrifice in the scheme of things :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment