Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pier 1 Dopplegangers

Pier 1 has some really great new pieces. My favorite? This chest:

 

Quenn Cabinet

 

Queen Cabinet, $399.95

It’s a pretty great knockoff of the Dorothy Draper Espana Chest, a true design classic. Of course, to get the real deal you are going to pay a lot more.

Dorothy Draper Espana chest for Hertiage

Dorothy Draper Espana Chest from 1st dibs, $2900

I would absolutely love to have a real Dorothy Draper chest, but it’ll be a long time before I can afford one, so for my money I’d be really happy with the Pier 1 doppleganger.

 

Another new addition to Pier 1’s inventory is this fabulous mirror:

Golden Medallions Mirror

Golden Medallions Mirror, $279

This is a great and affordable version of the popular “Peacock Mirror.” You can find this several places, including Restoration Hardware.

Peacock Mirrors

Peacock Mirror, $895

 

Lastly, we have this gorgeous gold faux bamboo console table:

Zhu Console Table

Zhu Console Table, $129.95

Although it’s a different shape it looks very similar to this Chinese Chippendale table from Charlotte & Ivy.

Gold and Glass Chinese Chippendale Table

Gold and Glass Chinese Chippendale Table, $299

 

So, would you go for the Pier 1 version of any of these? Have you found anything else great there recently?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Pier 1 version of cabinet! Too cute, although I'm surprised they got away with such a close likeness. And now my next paycheck totally needs to get a move on...

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog... you should totally enter! http://bit.ly/14heCer

    ReplyDelete