Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Chair and some Poufs

I've been look at buying an accent chair for the living room for, like, ever.  I wanted to wait until we actually moved into the house but I just couldn't be that patient.  A few weeks ago Target was having a killer home sale.   All of their furniture and home decor was buy one get one 50% off, plus some of the furniture was already discounted 10 or 15 percent.  So when I saw that this little beauty was marked down from $150 to $129 I had to buy two of them.
Isn't it so pretty?! After the 50% discount the total came to $193.50, but I also have a Target RED debit card that saves me an extra 5% on everything.  That took it down to $183.83.  Shipping was free with the RED card, so with taxes it came out to $191.59.  But wait, I'm not done with the discounts! I also try to do all my online shopping through Ebates, and they were offering 3% cash back on all Target purchases, so that gave me $5.51 back.

Moral of the story, I only spent $186 on two chairs that normally cost $150 a piece.  Score!

If you don't use Ebates I highly recommend signing up here.  They send you a check once a quarter for the cash back you've earned, and all you have to do is go the Ebates website, find the store you want to shop at, click on their link, and that's it! They create a tracking ticket and automatically credit your account a few days later.  I have no complaints and after six months or so of using it I've made about $50 back.

I also have developed a love of poufs.  I already have one really cute blue floral pouf that's currently acting as a side table in my living room but I'd like to get a matching pair to have around as extra seating.  I only paid $35 or $40 for mine at TJ Maxx but they normally cost at least $80, if not $100+.  I was surprised to see that Kirklands has some really nice poufs for a good price.  These three are regularly $60 but they're currently marked down to $52.50.  The yellow one is my favorite.  Do you think they would go with my new chairs?  Or maybe I could use them in the entry way or the office under a console.
Yellow Damask
Red & Blue Stitched Flame Pouf

Blue Floral Pouf

No comments:

Post a Comment