Monday, April 30, 2012

Mood Board: Laura's Apartment

Today I'm featuring a mood board I created for my friend (and former co-worker) Laura.  Like a lot of twenty-somethings in Kansas City, Laura and her husband Phil live in a nice but boring and beige apartment.  They don't have the money to redecorate right now, but just for fun I picked out some accessories and accent furniture that they could pick up as they get a little extra money.

I found some fun green floral throw pillows from Etsy to bring in a punch of Laura's favorite color and to brighten up their existing couch.  I also added some light blue chevron curtains for some more color and pattern, as well as two ottoman/poufs for some extra seating.  I picked out a new coffee table and end table from West Elm to replace their hand-me down furniture.  The coffee table is nice and simple and the hollow base allows room for the ottomans to be stored underneath when they're not in use.  I love this little tree pillow that can be personalized with their names, and the artwork adds some more personal touches to their living room.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

No comments:

Post a Comment