Monday, June 10, 2013

Staycation Day 1

Good morning friends! Today is officially the second day of my Staycation week! My husband actually gets a whole week off from work, which is a rare occurrence for a resident. Since we did a big vacation last year we decided to save some money and spend our vacation in Kansas City. We have plans to go to a Royals game, take a tour of the Boulevard brewery, spend the day at Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun, and much more Smile

Yesterday we went to Lee’s Summit’s downtown days, which was basically a fair set up in the middle of downtown. If you ever wonder why Americans are fat, just order some Texas Twister Cheese fries (sorry, it was too messy to take a picture). I did manage to take a few other pictures though.

IMG_1093

Then last night we went to the drive-in movie theater. I hadn’t been to a drive-in movie since I was about 9 years old and I wish I hadn’t waited so long to go back! I loved it! Lots of space, comfortable seats, BYOB snacks and drinks, no one yelling at you for checking your cell phone…it was wonderful. Plus it was only $10 to see 2 movies! We saw The Internship and the Hangover Part III. I really enjoyed both of them.

movies

Now I’m off to get ready to take Finnley to the park for a nice walk. Do you guys have any other recommendations for our Staycation week?

No comments:

Post a Comment