I am totally smitten with this kitchen! Here are a few of the reasons why:
1. The space! This kitchen is ginormous compared to the teeny-tiny one in our apartment
2. The new stainless steel stove and microwave
3. The pantry with the pull out shelves
4. The built-in hutch in the breakfast nook area
5. The window above the sink that looks into the backyard
Now that's not to say the kitchen is perfect. It is original to the house, which was built in 1989, so it is a bit dated. They did a good job updating most of the appliances and the counter-top. It is granite, but instead of a nice solid slab of granite it's an overlay made up of ground and manufactured granite. It's definitely the cheap way to upgrade to granite counter-tops but I'll take it! I don't love the paint color in here but I also don't want to mess with repainting it right away. And then there's the hospital-pink tile black-splash...eek! That will definitely be upgraded once we save up some money and time to tackle that project.
Overall the kitchen is in great condition. The only things we plan to do before we move in are to give it a really good cleaning and to re-line the cabinets and drawers with new contact paper. Otherwise, I think we are good to go!