Wednesday, May 2, 2012

We're Homeowners!

It's official! The hubby and I are now homeowners, woo hoo!! We closed on the house this morning at 8.  It really wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.  Although I've never done any mortgage closings at work I have done a lot of home equity loans and the docs were pretty similar.  We were in and out of there in 45 minutes which is not bad. And to commemorate the occasion I asked Michael (our realtor) to take a picture of us.  Check out the dorkiness below.



After closing we stopped at Starbucks for a celebratory caramel frappacino (with extra coffee since it was an early morning for us me).  We also stopped by the house to say "hi!".  We can't actually take possession until tomorrow so we just stopped long enough to take a couple more pictures of the front of the house.



I wish we can start moving in immediately but Ben has a conference at the lake of the ozarks this weekend and I'm tagging along to play physician's wife.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish clothes/shoe shopping for Europe at the outlet mall while I'm there!

2 comments:

  1. No cheesy picture by the for sale sign?! Disappointed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to, but it still said Pending. Maybe it will say Sold when we stop by on Sunday!

      Delete