Monday, May 7, 2012

New House: Living Room

Yesterday we went to our house to go through it for the first time since closing.  It was nice to see it without any furniture in it; it makes it easier to visualize our stuff in it!  Here are some pictures for you











This is going to be the first room to get a makeover.  It's in great shape but all that wood trim and wainscoting is just not my style.  We're hiring a painter to come in and paint the wainscoting, trim, and fireplace a nice crisp white.  Then the walls will get painted a beautiful deep blue, something along the lines of this color:


What do you think? It's a huge change isn't it! I used the Sherwin Williams Paint Visualizer to "paint" the living room.  This color is called "Loyal Blue."  I also picked up some paint samples by Valspar at Home Depot the other day, what do you think of these shades?


I think I've ruled out the lightest one and the darkest one, but otherwise I don't know.  If you have any thoughts I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment