Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bargain Find of the Year

I love my bargain finds and I happen to think I am really good at getting bargains. But my most recent purchase is one of my all time best finds. 

I bought two rugs on HSN.com (home shopping network, of all places). They’re by Nate Berkus and they were on clearance for, like, 80 percent off! So I bought a 2’ x 9’ runner, originally $149.95, for $23.98! I also bought a 2’ x 3’ rug, originally $49.95, for $10.00!

IMG_2398

Let me back up a little bit here. I can’t really take credit for this find, since Catherine from Your Modern Couple found it first and shared it on her blog. She got the 8’ x 10’ version for a steal, but I really needed a runner for the hallway and a rug by the front door, so within 10 minutes of reading her post these babies were in my shopping cart.

IMG_2396

IMG_2393

IMG_2397

They’re a really great flat weave and they’re 80% wool and 20% cotton. If they look a little ripplely it’s just because they haven’t flattened out yet from shipping.

IMG_2395

I love the graphic black and white pattern. It’s kind of chevron but kind of ikat-ish too. I have no complaints so far. I’m in love, and I think Leo is too.

IMG_2391

The rugs are also available in blue and gold. To buy one for yourself just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment