Friday, March 1, 2013

Gallery Wall Part 2

Two days ago I  finally got around to hanging artwork in the upstairs hallway.  That big empty gray wall had been bugging me for so long.  I knew I wanted a gallery wall but I just hadn’t taken the time to put it together.

I was in one of those moods to get stuff done now so I didn’t take the time to trace out my design like I did last time.  I did still arrange the frames on the floor first but from there I just started hanging without any marking or measuring.

IMG_2336

I think it turned out pretty well! It does look like a collected gallery instead of something that’s been well planned and measured, but I like that. It allows for more flexibility to add more artwork in the future. 

Here’s the view toward the master bedroom as you walk up the stairs.

IMG_2337

And here’s the view going the other direction.

IMG_2339

Please excuse the glare from the window on the front of the house.

IMG_2338

The colors in the pieces go together very well. Lots of black and white with pops of pinks and greens. Do you recognize the paint chip art on the far right?

I also added a little ornate gold mirror that I picked up at a garage sale last year.  I can’t decide if I like the unexpected color and shape or if it throws the whole thing off.  What do you think?

Overall I’m really happy with my new gallery wall! It adds a lot of color, interest, and personality to a previously blah space.

No comments:

Post a Comment