Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Mantle Update

Other than Christmas I’ve never been into decorating for the seasons.  Some people are great at it, like Kate at Centsational Girl.  In fact she is hosting an Autumn Mantle Link Party, so this year I decided jump on the bandwagon and give my mantle a little fall makeover. 

IMG_1683

Here’s how the mantle looked last time you saw it:

IMG_1263

Actually makeover might be a strong word; it was more of an update.  I kept my Paris map art up because a) I love it, and b) I didn’t have anything else that had the right scale to go above the fireplace.  I added a decorative platter that we got for our wedding last year and a really pretty orange vase that we got as a Christmas gift.  I also swapped out the pink flowers for some yellow ones, added a leaf garland I got at Michaels for about $4, and brought in a $5 mercury glass looking owl from TJ Maxx.

IMG_1684

Leo wanted to pose for me in this picture.

IMG_1685

Next year I might do a little more with the autumn theme but for now I like it, plus I only spent about $10 on updating it.  Now that I’ve tried it I kind of like this seasonal decorating thing Smile

*Linking up at Centsational Girl*

No comments:

Post a Comment