I watch a lot of HGTV but one of my favorite shows, along with Emily Henderson’s Secrets of a Stylist, is The High-Low Project. I love that gorgeous rooms that Sabrina Soto creates for a lot of money, and I love it even more than she can recreate those rooms for a lot less money. This living room from “Danielle’s Dream Living Room” is one of my favorite rooms that she’s done, and this happens to be the high version which cost a whopping $29,000.
And here’s the low version of the same room for an impressive $2,800
I like how she used the colors better in the more expensive room but the client loved this look.
For fun I decided to try to recreate the look and here’s what I came up with.
Not bad right? I left out all the accessories except for pillows, and I would change out the red lamp shade on the floor lamp to a white shade, but otherwise I think it’s a decent match. The wall art should be easy to recreate with some 12”x12” frames and some pretty scrapbook paper. Here’s the info for everything I used.
- Sofa from World Market, $599
- Side tables with marble tops from CB2, $129 each
- Table lamps from Target, $32.50 each
- Teal 7’x9’ Rug from Hayneedle.com, $430
- Acrylic coffee table from CB2, $279
- Yellow pillow from Etsy, $45
- Pink zigzag pillow from Etsy, $12
- Pink medallion pillow from Etsy, $36
- Gray pillow from Etsy, $20
- Yellow slipper chair from Amazon, $115 each
- Floor lamp from Target, $62.50
- Accent table from World Market, $80
- Blue diamond pillow from Etsy, $36
- Green and blue ikat pillow from Etsy, $36
If you add everything up it comes to a grand total of only $2189! I think that’s pretty fantastic!