Tuesday, August 28, 2012

High-Low Project Remake

I watch a lot of HGTV but one of my favorite shows, along with Emily Henderson’s Secrets of a Stylist, is The High-Low Project.  I love that gorgeous rooms that Sabrina Soto creates for a lot of money, and I love it even more than she can recreate those rooms for a lot less money.  This living room from “Danielle’s Dream Living Room” is one of my favorite rooms that she’s done, and this happens to be the high version which cost a whopping $29,000. 

room

room 2

And here’s the low version of the same room for an impressive $2,800

low room

I like how she used the colors better in the more expensive room but the client loved this look. 

For fun I decided to try to recreate the look and here’s what I came up with.

Living Room

Side of Room

Not bad right?  I left out all the accessories except for pillows, and I would change out the red lamp shade on the floor lamp to a white shade, but otherwise I think it’s a decent match.  The wall art should be easy to recreate with some 12”x12” frames and some pretty scrapbook paper.  Here’s the info for everything I used.

If you add everything up it comes to a grand total of only $2189! I think that’s pretty fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment