Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Brass is Back

Guys, I might have a problem. In the last year or so I’ve become obsessed with brass. Brass animals, brass candlesticks, any brass accent piece is fair game. I’ve found most of my pieces for next to nothing at thrift stores. My mom has also helped feed my addiction by giving me some really nice brass items she finds in antique stores or on Ebay. I’ll be back tomorrow with photos of my collection.

Like any good addict I don’t take responsibility for my own actions. I blame the blogosphere. Many of the awesome design bloggers I follow are also obsessed with brass trinkets. I think I first became interested in brass after seeing how Emily Henderson uses vintage items to style her and her clients’ homes, but there are a ton of other bloggers who are also into this trend. Take a look.

29 bia_oneroomchallenge_inventory 1

Tobe from Because It’s Awesome knocked it out the park with her One Room Challenge Makeover of her home office. All her vintage furniture is gorgeous, and I love all the brass accent pieces around the room.

9 bia_oneroomchallenge_succulent planters

17 bia_oneroomchallenge_desk detail 8

Charmaine from My Best Friend Craig is another brass master. She is just amazing at scoring vintage furniture and decorative accents, and she uses them so well in her house. I love the brass pineapple collection on her fab dining table, and how cute is the elephant in her daughters’ room?

IMG_6958

IMG_9233

And of course I had to include pictures from the design genius that started my obsession, Emily Henderson.

51bd5184dbd0cb1f7900199b._w.540_s.fit_

Emily’s Bedroom

white-office

Emily’s Office

Master-bedroom-midcentury

Curbly Bedroom Makeover

Make sure you come back tomorrow to see how I styled my house with my new brass collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment