Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dining by Design 2014

Last Monday I mentioned that I had an extra busy Saturday: I spent the morning at an awesome HomeGoods shopping event and the rest of the day at Dining by Design. For long-time followers of the blog, you may remember I worked on this event last year. If you’re not familiar with Dining by Design, it’s the signature fundraising event for DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS). Designers from different disciplines (interior, floral, retail, etc) create unique table designs for a big gala dinner. Gala attendees get to sit at one of these amazing tables for a delicious dinner as well as enjoy entertainment and bid on some incredible items during a live auction.

I volunteered at the gala dinner as the lead on china change-up, which is when a group of volunteers remove the expensive china and silverware a designer doesn’t want the guests to actually eat off of for dinner. I didn’t snap any pictures during the night event, but I did get a chance to mingle and enjoy myself more during the afternoon’s Conversations on Dining.

Here are a few of the gorgeous tables at the event:

DBD Table 1

DBD Table 2

DBD Table 3

DBD Table 4

DBD Table 5

A panel of experts from Kansas City gave their tips and tricks for entertaining like a pro. Another highlight for me was hanging out with Katy Sullivan, my former internship boss and design mentor. She’s also the genius responsible for the table with the navy tablecloth and gorgeous pink flowers as well as the table with the gold sequin tablecloth and sparkly donuts.

DBD

A few yummy treats from the day: a Patron cocktail (Patron was one of the night’s sponsors), a red velvet cake pop, and some pretty red ribbon cookies.

DBD sweets

For more (and much better than my iphone) photos, be sure to check out the photo galleries on spaceskc.com. You’ll see more of the gorgeous table designs as well as some of the attendees (you might recognize the people in photo 28!). And for even more pictures of the tables, here’s a drop box gallery of photos by Crissy at Dastrup Creative Group - Photography & Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment