Friday, February 28, 2014

Three Things I’m Loving Right Now

Happy Friday everyone! I hope your week was wonderful and that you have a great weekend coming up. Here are three things happening now that I am very excited about.

1. The Oscars!

movie posters

I love award shows. The red carpet interviews with celebs, the fabulous fashion, and the celebration of great films and actors…I just love it all. I had set a goal to watch all the best picture nominated films sometime before I’m 30, which unfortunately didn’t happen this year. So far I’ve only managed to see three: American Hustle, Captain Phillips, and Dallas Buyers Club. All of them were excellent and very worthy of their nominations. Have you seen any of the best picture nominees? Which was your favorite?

2. DietBet

Have you guys heard of DietBet yet? I just came across it and I think it is brilliant. The whole idea is that you join a group of other dieters, make a monetary bet that you’ll lose a certain percentage of weight in a certain amount of time (like 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks), and if you do lose the weight you get to split the pot with the other winners. For example, I’m starting the Fitblr March Madness game tomorrow, and I bet $35 that I will lose 4% of my body weight by March 28. Right now there are 182 players in my group and the pot is up to $6370. So if we say 100 people out of the 182 players hit their goal, each winner will win $63.70! Now that is some pretty good motivation.

3. The West Elm Rug Sale

30 Percent Off Select Rugs

West Elm usually has some kind of great sale going on but I am particularly excited about this 30% off rugs sale. I have been searching for a great deal on a rug for my dining room for a long time and I think I might have finally found the one: the Graduated Stripe Cotton Dhurrie in Feather Gray. It’s only $69 for a 5’x8’! What do you think, should I get it?

Gradated Stripe Cotton Dhurrie, Feather Gray, 3'x5'

No comments:

Post a Comment