Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Color Crush: Lupita’s Nairobi Blue

Did you guys watch the Oscars on Sunday? I loved it! Ellen was the perfect host; I especially loved the pizza delivery bit and the infamous group selfie that broke twitter. And she managed to be funny without offending half the audience (unlike Seth McFarlane).

And of course the fashion was impeccable. I think my favorite of the night was Cate Blanchett, but a very close second was Lupita Nyong’o.

Oh my goodness, how lovely! Lupita has looked perfect at every red carpet this season, but this blue is just beautiful on her. She said she chose it because the blue reminded her of Nairobi, hence the media immediately dubbed her dress “Nairobi Blue.”

This pale shade of aquamarine is such a beautiful color, and it translates beautifully to home décor. Take a look:

sky blue bedroom design

via Better Home and Garden

via Elle Décor

via Elle Décor

French Connection

via Better Homes and Gardens

Poppytalk: A Day In the Country: My Modern Country Loo..

via Poppytalk

via Camera and Chaos

via Elle Decor

Are you as in love with this color as I am? As you can see from the pictures above, aqua can work in every room in the house: bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, even the laundry room! Make sure to come back tomorrow to see some accessories you can buy to bring a little Nairobi Blue into your home.

1 comment:

  1. What a great collection of photos. The color is beautiful. And I adored Lupita's dress.

    ReplyDelete