Hello friends! Sorry for the lack of blogging this week, I’ve been pretty busy again. Last night we hosted a party for Ben’s residency program. It was just an informal gathering but I put a lot of work into getting everything ready. We had 23 people here; that’s the most people we’ve ever had over! Other than the smoke alarm going off briefly at one point the party was a huge success.
I was a bad blogger/too busy to take pictures, but I will share the recipes for the foods I made.
I went with foods that had fall flavors and ingredients and/or warm comfort foods. I would highly recommend all of them! Although I think the biggest hit of the night was Ben’s buddy’s home-brewed Bavarian Hefeweizen…if you have good beer everything else doesn’t seem to matter as much
Fall Party Menu
- Chicken and Spinach Dip, served with tortilla chips and toasted baguette
- Roasted Butternut Squash Orzo Salad (recipe and photo by two peas and their pod). I made life a little easier for myself by using frozen butternut squash. I also added feta and pecans…yum!
- Tarte d’Champignon and Pesto Tomato Flatbread, both from Trader Joe’s
- Frozen Party Meatballs from Trader Joe’s with this sauce from All Recipes
- Three Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies (recipe and photo by I heart nap time). I used caramel kisses instead of pumpkin spice kisses.