Thursday, October 24, 2013

I’m Back!

Hello everyone, I hope you’re all doing well. I’m back from West Palm Beach and even though I’m happy to be home I do kind of wish we could have spent more time there. It was beautiful and oh so warm and sunny, not like Kansas City. Seriously, when we left KC the trees were green and when we got back it was 32 degrees out and all the leaves had turned red. Not cool.

But in all seriousness Palm Beach was amazing. We stayed at the Ocean Pointe Marriott on Singer Island in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo with my parents. If you’re ever in the area I would highly recommend it. Great rooms, great location, easy access to the beach, awesome views and amazing pools and amenities.

IMG_2059

IMG_2070

IMG_2087

The main event of the weekend was my brother Paul’s wedding. Friday he and Carrie threw a pool party at their new house for everyone instead of having a formal rehearsal dinner which was a lot of fun. Isn’t this pool and the view lovely?!

IMG_2108

Saturday the wedding party and siblings took a trolley around Singer Island to take pictures before the wedding.

IMG_2109

IMG_2085

Then we went to the wedding and reception venue which was absolutely gorgeous. They got married on the rooftop patio that had this beautiful view:

IMG_2116

After the wedding they served us delicious appetizers and cocktails before we headed downstairs for the dinner reception.

IMG_2112

It was the perfect night for a wonderful couple. Congrats Carrie and Paul!

IMG_2130

We didn’t get back home until almost 1:00 a.m. Tuesday morning and then I had to haul ass to clean my house and get it picture perfect by Wednesday afternoon because I was contacted by a reporter to have my house photographed for a feature in Ink Magazine!

IMG_2156

Look at all that fancy professional photography equipment! I can’t wait to see how the article and photographs turn out! My story will be in the November 6 issue so if you’re in the Kansas City area make sure to pick up a free copy, and if you don’t live here don’t worry, you can still view the article on Ink’s website.

No comments:

Post a Comment