Monday, June 18, 2012

We're In!

Hi everyone! It's been a busy week and an even busier weekend but we are finally moved into our new house! We spent almost all week either packing, deep cleaning the house, or moving stuff down here, so when everyone came over Saturday at 9 a.m. to help us move we were ready.  We rented a 26 foot UHaul truck and we had that thing loaded in just over an hour.  All of us made the 40 minute drive from the apartment to the house and then we spent the rest of the day unloading the truck and getting stuff set up around the house.  I want to give a really big thank you to my sister-in-law Beth, her boyfriend Brent, our friend Phil, and my fathers-in-law Doug and Randy for all of their help yesterday.  I also want to give an extra big thank you to my mother-in-law Traci for cleaning Tuesday and Thursday and helping out a ton yesterday.  We couldn't have made the move without you guys!

Both of Ben's dads are very handy and knowledgeable about home stuff so while they were here yesterday we had them help with a few projects.  Now that the living room has been repainted we needed to replace the ugly old cream colored outlets and light switches to crisp new white ones, so Randy got all of those installed for us.  We also wanted to replace the faucets in our master bathroom since they were pretty old and gross, so Ben and Doug worked on that.  I love how the new faucets look!



The other big project we did was taking down the entryway chandelier and replacing it with the chandelier from the dining room.  I had debated whether it would work or not in this post, but I am so glad we went with it.  It looks fantastic!  We also decided to hang it 8 feet from the floor instead of keeping it as high as the brass light was.  Thank you to Doug for hanging out on the super tall ladder and changing that out for us!




Do you remember how I wasn't 100% convinced about the blue in the living room?  Well with just a few big pieces of furniture in there I love it so much more!  It's a bold color but I think it's going to be perfect for us.



There still is a LOT more work to do in the house but it feels nice to be home :)

***P.S.*** If you enjoy reading my blog I would love for you to become a member! Just scroll down on the right hand side until you see the button that says "Join this site."  Thanks!  

1 comment:

  1. Looks great; glad to hear you guys are all moved in! Still LOVE that blue. ;)

    ReplyDelete