Tuesday I shared my plans for Jon’s tiny 300 square foot studio apartment’s living room. Today I’m finishing the space with ideas for his bedroom. I kept the big pieces of furniture white so they would keep the room nice and light, but you could certainly make them all black or brown or mix it up a little bit. Take a look!
1. Triple Tiered Pendant Shade, Urban Outfitters. These pendants provide stylish bedside lighting that won’t take up valuable tabletop space.
2. Velvet Tufted Headboard, Urban Outfitters. An upholstered headboard will make the bed a comfortable place to hang out and read or work on the laptop. I love the aubergine color of this one but Urban Outfitters has several other options, or you can check Joss and Main, they always seem to have upholstered headboards on sale.
3. Brown/Natural Wall Mirror, Target. Mirrors are a great way to make a space seem bigger and I like the texture this would bring to the space. Hang it above the dresser for a place to do makeup and get ready.
4. Anywhere Pedestal Table, Pier 1. These pedestal tables are about half the width of traditional nightstands so they won’t take up too much space. The shelves and drawers will still provide necessary bedside storage though.
5. Expedit Shelving Unit, IKEA. The quintessential small apartment piece. Use it as a room divider between the living room and bedroom. The open shelving can be used as a bookshelf or with baskets for storing small items. You could even keep folded t-shirts or sweaters and shoes on the lower shelves.
6. Hemnes Dresser, IKEA. Plenty of storage for a small price tag. I would update the drawer knobs with something more interesting and unique.
I also created some mock up floor plans on Autodesk Homestyler with the actual dimensions of the room to give you an idea of how everything would fit together.