Monday, November 4, 2013

My Perfect Fall Weekend

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a terrific weekend and that you got a chance to enjoy the fabulous fall weather. Ben and I certainly had a wonderful time!

Friday we went to the West Bottoms for First Friday. There are always a million interesting pieces in those vintage shops; I could have taken pictures of just about everything.

IMG_2216

Brass eagle champagne flutes. They were pretty amazing.

IMG_2217

I kind of really loved this little retro lamp.

IMG_2219

I’ve been on a major brass kick lately if you couldn’t tell, so of course I wanted this awesome brass tray table. It was a much better price than the one I found in Illinois.

IMG_2220

This super colorful patchwork sofa is not my style, but it is definitely a showstopper.

IMG_2229

Some of the shops had amazing one-of-a-kind antique furniture. Case in point: this massive hardwood cabinet that came from a castle in Germany. I think it was $8500.

Besides the shopping, what I love about First Friday weekends in the West Bottoms is how they become this big event. This week they had fire baton twirlers, performers dressed in Day of the Dead garb, and lots and lots of food trucks!

IMG_2224

IMG_2225

Since Ben tagged along with me he kept me on a strict budget. I saw a lot of things I loved but didn’t really need, so all I came home with was this cute little brass tray (I told you I’m loving brass!) for $5.

IMG_2269

It needs to be cleaned up but I think it is pretty great.

IMG_2273

After we were done shopping we drove a few blocks over to Amigoni Winery. We did a wine tasting and then grabbed a glass of their Cab Franc (for me) and Boulevard’s limited edition Foeder beer (for Ben).

IMG_2234

The wine was fantastic, as was their building; I was kind of obsessed with this chandelier:

IMG_2231

Saturday we headed to Columbia for the Missouri-Tennessee football game! This was our first time at a Mizzou football game and we both really enjoyed it. Tailgating was a lot of fun, and the game was really great until the cold started getting to us. Luckily the game was a blowout from the beginning so we didn’t feel bad leaving after halftime.

IMG_2252

 

IMG_2276

 

We stayed the night in Columbia and Sunday morning we stopped at Sophia’s for brunch before we left town. They had so many amazing options on the menu that it was hard to choose just one meal. Ben had the bacon and walnut pancakes and I had the tiramisu french toast. It was incredible, although I think I did go into a little sugar coma on the way home.

IMG_2257

By the way, the drive through Mid Missouri is really gorgeous right now.

IMG_2246

All in all it was a really fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment