Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Trending: Black and White Stripes

Last month I mentioned that I love browsing through my Pinterest boards to see what trends are sticking out. In addition to colorful kilim rugs, another trend I’m seeing on my board is black and white stripes, especially on upholstery.

via Little Green Notebook

via Rue Magazine

Dominique-loungeroom-angle

via Sydney Home

Gorgeous Backyard Makeover

Backyard Makeover by The Hunted Interior via Home Depot

via Schappacher White

I love the graphic look a black and white striped piece adds to a room, especially combined with a bit of color. My black and white chevron rugs in my entryway are some of my favorite things in my house because they add such great pattern and style to the space.

If you want to bring the look into your home here are a few pieces that’ll do the trick. If you’re just dipping your toe into the trend, try the Target basket or the Ikea pillow, or if you’re ready to dive in buy a bigger piece like the chair or the headboard. Just don’t add more than a couple of these items to one room or people will start calling you Beetlejuice!

Black and white stripes moodboard

 

From top left: Striped Velvet Accent Chair, Staples, $210 // EIVOR Throw blanket, Ikea, $20 // Two Drawer Cabinet, Houzz, $278 // Canopy Stripe Elsie Headboard, World Market, $450 for a Queen // Black and White Striped Dhurrie Rug, $230 for an 8’x10’ // Cushion Cover, Ikea, $5 // Large Coiled Rope Basket, Target, $25

2 comments:

  1. Great picks Emmie! I love all of these but especially that Ikea pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those black and white mid-century chairs! They remind me of the striped awnings in The Graduate (the movie... I'm obsessed with the Robinson's living room). It was lovely to meet you at West Elm, Emmie! Thanks for saying hello!

    ReplyDelete