Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekend in STL

Hello everyone! I’m still recovering a little from my wonderful weekend out of town. I drove all the way across the state to St. Louis to meet up with my two best friends from home. It was so good to see them and catch up!

IMG_1368

Even though we’ve all been to St. Louis many times we did the tourist thing and stayed in a nice hotel downtown right by the Arch. We spent the whole afternoon at the Arch and we went up to the top. When I was a kid going to the top of the Arch was the coolest thing ever…as a 27 year it was a little underwhelming. Even though it was super crowded we still managed to get some great pictures!

IMG_1389

After the Arch we went back to the hotel to get cleaned up and go out for the night! We had dinner at Mango, a Peruvian restaurant downtown. If you’re ever in the area I highly suggest you check it out, it was delicious!

IMG_1387

We finished up the night by hitting a couple bars and having a few drinks. Since I live 6 hours from my hometown I don’t get to see them as often as I would like so it was really nice to have this trip to hang out. We reminisced about our awkward junior high and high school days…I think we’ve come a long way since we were wearing braces and rocking some terrible haircuts.

The next morning I had a little time to snap some more tourist pics, including this super cool selfie with the Arch.

IMG_1384

IMG_1382

On my way home I stopped to get lunch with a friend from college and then stopped again in Columbia to hang out another friend. I feel so lucky that I got to hang out with four of my best friends this weekend, especially since we live pretty far away from each other.

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment