Monday, June 3, 2013

Garage Sale Treasures

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was wonderful. Saturday started out beautifully so we took advantage of the nice weather and went garage saling. It was our neighborhood’s annual garage sale so we just took off walking and wandered around stopping at the various sales. We checked out what felt like a ton of sales and most of them were flops but I did manage to find a few awesome things.

IMG_2487

My “big” purchase of the table was this black tray top table for $5. It needs to be repainted but other than that it’s in great shape. I’m hoping to fix it up and sell it for a nice little profit.

IMG_2488

My next find (which my husband actually spotted and pointed out to me) was Saturday Night Live The Game. I absolutely love SNL and I had no idea they had a board game! It’s from 2010 so it features somewhat current material as well as the classic stuff. The game had been opened but all the cards and game pieces were still in the original shrink wrap. I would be surprised if we played this more than 2 or 3 times, but for $2, why not?

IMG_2490

Every house should have a bust of Beethoven don’t you think? This guy was $1 and I think he would look fabulous spray painted a bright color like hot pink.

IMG_2503

We hit the jackpot at the next sale. I found this pretty tin container from England for only 10 cents! Then Ben rummaged through the CD bin and found these musical gems:

IMG_2497

Backstreet Boys and Now That’s What I Call Music 4 from 2000! I know you’re jealous. They’ll be great for longer road trips when I’m tired of the radio. They were 75 cents a piece.

IMG_2495

The last find of the day was this picture of KC’s Country Club Plaza. It was marked $5 and I asked the seller if she would take $3. She said no, but that was because it was a piece of art she made. She said she took the photograph and then did the painting. I can’t tell if she painted on top of the photograph or if she painted a very realistic image based on the photo, but either way I really like it. I happily paid the full $5 asking price.

IMG_2501

Here’s a photo of all of my loot from the day. To recap, here’s what I spent:

  • Table: $5
  • SNL game: $2
  • Beethoven bust: $1
  • Floral tin: $0.10
  • 2 CD’s: $1.50
  • Plaza art: $5

So the grand total spent was: $14.60. Not bad, right? And if you add in the lemonade I bought from some cute kids I still spent less than $16 for the day.

Have you been to any garage sales yet this year? Did you find anything good?

No comments:

Post a Comment