Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Design Project

I’m working on a huge project for my Interior Design class that’s due next week.  Basically the premise is to furnish a duplex for a fictional young couple.  I’ve drawn the floor plan, written the design concept and client profile, and now I need to finish the presentation boards.  I don’t need to pick out any actual furnishings but I do need to pick the finishes for everything: paint, floors, casegoods, upholstered furniture, cabinets, etc.  I have most of my samples picked out but I wanted to get a better idea of what everything would look like together, so I put together some mood boards. 

Here’s what I have going on in the living room:

Living Room

The couch is actually a darker blue but this was the closest shade I could get.  The chair will either be in a solid light green or a striped tone on tone green fabric.  I have some fabulous flamestitch fabric that incorporates all the colors in my color scheme and looks similar to the chevron pillows here.  I’m adding some solid light yellow pillows to bring in a little more color, and all of the casegoods will be in a medium wood shade similar to the pieces shown here.  I was debating between a gray blue and a brighter blue-green but after seeing everything together here I really like the gray blue.  I also have some striped fabric for the curtains that brings in all the colors again.

Here’s the bedroom: 

Bedroom

The bedroom uses the same color scheme as the living room but in a slightly different way.  I have a dark blue upholstered headboard with light blue bedding, some accent pillows in green stripes and blue-green cheetah print, and another striped fabric for the draperies.  The furniture is going to be a darker wood and the walls are going to be painted green. 

So, what do you think?  Do you like how I used these colors together? 

 

Sources:  couch, chair, coffee table, side table, chevron pillow, yellow pillow, headboard, bedding, dresser, night stand, cheetah pillow, green pillow, striped fabric

1 comment: