Monday, November 19, 2012

Craigslist Hunting

One of my favorite computer hobbies, once I’m done browsing facebook, my blogs, and pinterest, is to play on craigslist.  Sometimes I’m looking for something specific but usually I’m not.  It’s fun to browse and see what kind of funky stuff you can find. 

Here are some pieces I found searching “furniture” with the parameters “$5-$100” only posts with pictures.  You’ll find a ton of junk along with a few cool finds. 

asian cabinet

cool mid century oriental style cabinet, $75

It’s hard to tell from this picture what kind of condition the piece is in, but if it is in good shape then I absolutely love this Asian cabinet.  It would be perfect as a media console in a modern living room! 

chair

Wooden Table and Chairs, $100

This is one chair from a table and chair set from the 1920’s.  The table looks to be in rough shape but with some TLC this could be an amazing set.  I love the detail on the back of the chairs!

chairs

Country French Accent Chairs, $58 each

I see these chairs a lot but usually they need to be reupholstered.  These look to be in great shape and I like the light blue upholstery. 

sofa

Camelback Sofa with Queen Anne legs, $100

So yes, this sofa is very traditional and formal, but it was in a formal living room and never used.  I would soften it up with a comfy throw and some cool pillows and use it in a large master bedroom or office. 

table

Country French Side Table with Tray, $58

This is a nice little side table with a tray top.  The black finish makes it work in a traditional or contemporary room. 

turquoise

Turquoise Harp Chair with Leopard Upholstery, $40

This refinished chair is a great example of what a little paint and new fabric can do for an old chair.  This would be so cute in a young girl’s room.

wardrobe

Steel Ward Robe Closet, $35

I’m not sure where I would use this but I really like it. It’s steel so it’s incredibly sturdy, but the cream color and gold trim make it more traditional than industrial. 

And there you have it!  Have you found anything great on craigslist? 

No comments:

Post a Comment