Friday, November 16, 2012

Felt Flower Christmas Wreath

I got the Christmas bug early this year, and to help satisfy the decorating itch I decided to make a wreath.  Store bought decorative wreaths can be really expensive but this one only cost me $7.50 in materials!

DIY Christmas Wreath

Jamie at White Table Style was the inspiration for this project.  I followed her directions pretty closely, which you can read here

IMG_2006

For this project I used:

  • a twig wreath, Hobby Lobby: $4.99
  • 5 pieces of glittery felt, Hobby Lobby: $0.50 each
  • scissors
  • glue gun
  • yarn to hang the wreath

Start by cutting spirals for your flowers.  I free-handed all of them and they worked just fine, but you could certainly trace a template onto the felt if you feel like making more perfect flowers.  For the most part I did 4 flowers per felt sheet, but I did do some smaller ones and a couple bigger ones too.

IMG_2008

Then roll the felt spirals into a rosette.  Secure the end with a small dab of hot glue.

IMG_2010

Once all your felt rosettes are completed start gluing them onto the wreath, varying the size and colors as you go. 

IMG_2012

IMG_2013

And that’s it!  This was a very easy project that took about an hour to complete from start to finish.  I doubled up some plain white yarn to hang my wreath from a 3M hook placed upside down on the back of my door.

IMG_2014

IMG_2016

Easy peasy!  One Christmas craft down, who knows how many more to go!

 

*Linking up at Serenity Now*

No comments:

Post a Comment