Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wuv, Twue wuv

Today’s post is not at all related to design, but it is related to something I wuv very much: The Princess Bride.  The Princess Bride is my favorite movie of all time.  I was about five years old when I saw it for the first time and I’ve seen it approximately 347 times since then.  Just kidding, that’s obviously an over-exaggeration; the real number is probably 250.  I even made Ben go see it with me on the big screen for Valentine’s Day this year (best v-day ever!). 

The Princess Bride also happens to be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year and there have been a lot of events and press to celebrate it.  Like this incredibly amazing reunion photo from Entertainment Weekly:

the-princess-bride_900

And this fun article about fun facts learned at last night’s 25th anniversary screening of the film.

EW has another longer article about the stories behind the movie here.

I would have loved to be at the live reading of The Princess Bride that took place last December in LA.  Paul Rudd read the part of Westley, Mindy Kaling read the part of Buttercup, and Cary Elwes (the original Westley) read the part of Prince Humperdink.

Princess Bride 2

For those of you would love to take a piece of The Princess Bride home (other than buying the newly released Blue-Ray version), Etsy has some great items, like this sweet and simple print from AsYouWishPrinting

As You Wish

This cross stich kit from DisorderlyStiches cracks me up

inigo

 

And this Iocane Powder print is kind of awesome tooiocaineSo, my lovely readers, what do you love most about The Princess Bride?

No comments:

Post a Comment