Happy Monday everyone! Last year I decided to make myself a little “Thirty by Thirty” bucket list of things I’d like to do before I reach my next decade. I’m sad to say that in the 16 months since I published the list I’ve only completed 6 of my 30 goals. I’m hoping that posting my progress (or lack thereof) will motivate me to cross some more items off my list.
So here is my Thirty by Thirty list as printed last year, with completed items crossed off and my notes in italics.
1. Visit New York City
2. Travel to California
3. Take a trip with girlfriends to somewhere fun like Vegas or California
4. Go back to Europe
Complete JCCC’s interior decorating certificate (this May!) Completed May 2013
6. Start my own interior decorating business Coming soon!
Be featured in a print publication like Spaces or KC H&G Not quite as big as Spaces, but last November our home was featured in Ink Magazine!
8. Be featured on a big blog like Apartment Therapy (and not as part of a contest I entered myself in )
9. Get 100 followers on my blog Might nix this one as “followers” is a loose term, but I am up to 84 facebook fans!
10. Get back to my wedding day weight
11. Have a baby. No rush on this one though, don’t get too excited
12. Become an aunt. Obviously I have no control over this but it would be nice
13. Run in a big 5k race like Race for the Cure
Eat breakfast at Succotash Last year during our Staycation week!
15. Have dinner at BlueStem
Explore contemporary art at The Kemper Museum Also during last year’s Staycation
17. Eat at one of KC’s BBQ dive’s like Gates or Oklahoma Joe’s
18. Attend the Plaza Lights Ceremony
19. Watch Gone with the Wind all the way through
Read one of the book club books all the way through and participate in the book club discussion Read “Tell the Wolves I’m Home” and went to book club in Columbia this past February
21. Watch Mary Poppins (yep, never seen it)
22. Watch The Sound of Music (never seen this one either) My friend Michelle bought me this for my birthday last year but I haven’t watched it yet
23. Read Emma by Jane Austen
24. Watch every best picture Oscar nominee before the Oscars one year
25. Go the Illinois vs. Missouri Border Wars basketball game
Try Brussels sprouts I’ve tried them a few times now, but the best version was the fried Brussel Sprouts at Big Grove Tavern in Champaign, IL
27. Throw a fancy dinner party for friends I’ve hosted dinner for friends several times, but none were quite what I would consider “fancy”
28. Attend a live taping of a national TV show
29. Learn to play golf decently
30. Practice yoga regularly (as in, at least twice a week for several months in a row)