Friday, December 6, 2013

Red and Gold Christmas Tablescape

Happy Friday everyone! I’m getting a little closer to having the house decorated for Christmas. I still don’t have a tree but my mantle is almost done, most of the accessories are out, and my dining table is looking beautiful!

IMG_2594

My Christmas tablescape was definitely a use-what-I-had/make-it-up-as-I-go-along kind of project. I kept the burlap runner I used for my autumn table and I added three red snowflake placemats I bought last year from Pier 1.

IMG_2593

The gold snowflakes are ornaments from a set I bought from Target on clearance after Christmas last year, and the “candle holders” are wine glasses. I had seen this done on Pinterest and I had wanted to try it for a while. The gold decorations under the glasses are from a couple tree picks I bought last year from Hobby Lobby; I simply trimmed the tops off with wire cutters.

IMG_2591

IMG_2588

I made the tree out of pages from an old book. I didn’t take step by step pictures but this was a very easy, although somewhat time consuming, project. I started by forming a cone out out of a flattened fruit snacks box and then I attached approximately a million strips of paper using double stick tape. Each piece was about 0.75” x  2” and I curled every strip by rolling it around a pencil. I finished the top of the cone by wrapping a small piece of washi tape around the border, and then I stuck another piece of the gold tree pick in the top to fashion a tree topper of sorts. The whole project took me about an hour and a half. My fingers were definitely tired of double stick tape by the time I was finished but I’m really happy with how it turned out.

IMG_2589

I wanted to give the tree a little more height so I propped it up on a silver gift box that I had. I love the extra shine that it adds to the table.

IMG_2595

IMG_2592

So there it is, my festive red and gold Christmas tablescape. My favorite part of this project is that I didn’t have to spend any money to make it, but if you wanted to recreate it from scratch you could certainly do so without spending a ton.

Tonight I’m planning to finally get my Christmas tree so I can hopefully finish Christmasfying the house this weekend. Stay tuned!

 

**Linking up to the Party Brunch**

The 36th Avenue

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I love this! I want to make a tree like that! "Approximately a million" haha.

    ReplyDelete