Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Mantle

Hello friends! I’m getting so close to finishing decorating my house for Christmas. I’ll have more to show you tomorrow but for now I’m showing you one of my favorite projects so far: my mantle.

IMG_2599

IMG_2600

The centerpiece is an old window I bought off Craigslist a long time ago. I’d always meant to do something with it and now I finally have! I added this rattan star from Pier 1 hung from a green ribbon and attached to the back of the frame with painters tape. Of course I added some twinkle lights to give it a little Christmas glow.

I kept the same stockings and stocking holders from last year and the same reindeer I’ve had since my first Christmas in my own place. I also brought in more gold and glitter by filling two dollar store vases with some cheap gold ornaments. The only new things I bought are the wire trees which I got for $10 each from Hobby Lobby.

I also decorated the hearth with a snowman card holder, a red tinsel tree, and some Christmas gift boxes.

IMG_2601

For a simple DIY project I strung some gold ornaments on a ribbon across the front of the mantle. I spelled out the words “Peace” and “Joy” by sticking on some simple black scrapbook letters to the ornaments.

IMG_2602

IMG_2603

IMG_2604

IMG_2607

IMG_2608

IMG_2612

IMG_2611

So, what do you think? My first Christmas mantle was good but I like my second one even better, do you agree?

Come back tomorrow to see my new tree; not only does it look beautiful, it also has a good story behind it Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment