Friday, August 10, 2012

World’s Fair Art

My mom left KC today and I’m a little sad she’s gone.  I really enjoyed having her here and our Mom and Daughter Day yesterday.  It was just an absolutely fabulous day.  We started with crepes at Chez Elle, then we went to the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art to see the World’s Fair Exhibit.  I find the world’s fairs fascinating, and I love decorative pieces in the art deco or art nouveau style, so I adored this exhibit.  I know my mom loved it too.  If you’re in the Kansas City area I would highly recommend going to the Nelson Atkins before the exhibit closes on August 19. 

I’ll share more about the museum and our night at The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts to see Aida (which was amazing!) next week, but for now I’ll leave you with some postcards I picked up in the museum shop. 

IMG_1538

I love these postcards of the posters for the Chicago World’s Fair and I think they’ll look really good framed and displayed together.  I also love the panoramic view of the Nelson Atkins with its famous shuttlecocks on the lawn.  I think that will look lovely framed and in a gallery wall, don’t you think?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment