Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Saturday in the City

After Friday night’s Olympics party Kate, Ben, and I woke up early to drive downtown for a tour of The Roasterie.  I’ve wanted to do the tour for years but this is the first time I’ve actually done it.  The Roasterie is Kansas City’s largest coffee manufacturer and one of the only coffee producers that air roasts their beans instead of drum roasting them.  The tour was really interesting and we learned a lot about all that goes into the process.  Plus there were free coffee samples at the end and some sweet photo-ops. 

IMG_0654

IMG_0652

IMG_1449-001

We followed up our tour with lunch at Chez Elle in KC’s Westside neighborhood.  Chez Elle is a creperie and coffee shop that has the most delicious crepes I’ve had outside of Paris.  I can’t wait to go back! 

IMG_1450

After running some errands in the afternoon we reconvened for dinner at Nara in The Crossroads.  It wasn’t the best sushi I’ve had in KC (the mango roll at Drunken Fish is still my fav), but it was delicious and I had a great time with my friends. 

IMG_0668

IMG_1454

IMG_1452

What a good looking group of people!  The night ended with drinks at The Bulldog, and Sunday we got in some time at the pool and had pad thai from Thai Spice here in Lee’s Summit.  All around it was a truly wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment