Monday, June 17, 2013

Staycation Week Recap Part 1

Our week of vacation is officially over and I am officially bummed. I really didn’t expect to have such a good time “staycationing” in Kansas City but we had a great time! I wish we could spend every week like this!

Monday we had a picnic (with pizza!) at Longview Lake, after which we took Finnley on a long walk in the park. That night we went to the Royals game with my SIL Beth.IMG_1227

IMG_1228

IMG_1135

As I mentioned earlier, last Tuesday was our two-year anniversary! We started the day with brunch as Succotash, followed by a visit to the Kemper Museum and then ice cream at Christopher Elbow’s Glace. If you’ve never been there before you are missing out: they have the most incredible ice cream!

IMG_1226

IMG_1225

IMG_1224

IMG_1153

IMG_1223

Then we went home and got dressed up for our anniversary dinner at Avenues Bistro. It was our first time there and it was absolutely amazing! We started with their frites appetizer which was a lot bigger than we expected! I *almost* didn’t have room left for my imperial halibut and mashed potatoes.

IMG_1158

IMG_1164

I’ll be back tomorrow with pictures from the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment