Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday everyone! Here are a few things I’m loving right now.

Drinking:

IMG_3878

I’m loving green smoothies lately. If you’re a newbie Simple Green Smoothies has everything you need to get into the trend, and if you want to get a little more intense try signing up for their 30 Day Challenge. I’m sort of doing it now, and by sort of I mean I’ve been very inconsistent.

Although I’ve tried many combinations so far, here’s one of my very favorites:

  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
  • 1 cup frozen mango
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
  • 1 T. ground flaxseed
  • 3 ice cubes

If you don’t have a fancy blender (I use an inexpensive Oster blender) make sure to follow a couple tips: blend the spinach and milk first so you don’t have any spinach chunks, and defrost the frozen fruit for 30 seconds so it’s easy to blend but still cold. Enjoy!

 

Reading:

I absolutely adore Mindy Kaling,so I was thrilled to come across this article called “Everything I Need to Know, I Learned From Mindy Kaling” on Hello Giggles.  If you love Mindy even half as much as I do you owe it to yourself to read this article. Even if you don’t particularly care for her, give it a read: she has some great tips for being a smart, strong woman.

 

Loving:

All the free printables on Oh So Lovely. Audrey’s a local girl who has created a ton of beautiful art that’s available for anyone to print and display for free! One of my favorites is this “You Are Beautiful” print, but there are many other wonderful options to choose from.

 

Shopping:

The Nordstrom Anniversary sale. So many good deals! I am in dire need of new tennis shoes so I’m thinking about getting these Nike shoes. They’re super cute and only $67 (marked down from $110). I also really love these Kendra Scott earrings that are on sale for only $34, though I definitely don’t need them.

shoes and earrings

 

Traveling:

http://experiencehermann.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/hermann-missouri-downtown.jpg

photo via Experience Hermann

To Hermann, Missouri. One of Ben’s good friends from college is getting married there on Saturday so it’s the perfect reason to get away for the weekend. Hermann is a really cute small town about 3 hours east of Kansas City that’s known for its many wineries. We’re staying at a little B&B for the weekend and we’re planning to check out one or two wineries before we head to the wedding. Should be a great time!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check Audrey out! Hope you have a great weekend getaway :)

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete